I know all 4 of my dear devoted readers are tired of hearing about my struggle to rid the weight so i thought I would give you something else to chew on...our house hunt. Not as exciting as one might think, especially when you have a hubs as indecisive as mine.
We've always looked at houses, even before we were in the market for a new one. We would ride around our area neighborhoods to get an idea or where we wanted to be and for how long and what our budget would be, blah, blah, blah, yahta, yahta, yahta. Now that we are actually in the market it's taken on a whole new meaning. We look, we like, we linger and then hub a dubs decides hes on the fence and we move on to another area. Our budget has changed at least 4 times and I no longer know what we can or can't afford so I've quit looking and am focusing on getting our house on the market.
SIDEBAR: 2 bed/2 bath in convenient Barnett Bend II. Fresh paint inside and out, open plan with biggest back yard in the neighborhood! Not sure on the sq. ft. but if anyone needs to know just call me. Now, go tell everyone you know!!!
When we started looking we wanted to go to Farmington Station but they don't have yards so we've looked in Avalon, Woodson Bend, Hollybush Place, Blackstone, Reservoir East, Cannon Ridge, Castlewoods and a few random locations in Madison without anything promising.
We found one in Riverchase and D-rell was all about it because it had an awesome yard with patio and trees and good landscaping but I think when i started mentioning a few updates that I would like to do he totally freaked out and now isn't so excited about it. However as of yesterday he's all about finding foreclosed homes because when he went to get a car tag and he ran into a friend who bought a foreclosure for $70,000 less than appraisal, and now all of a sudden it's something we should look into.
At the rate we are going I highly doubt we will ever move. We will be in the bend forever and our poor kids will come home from college on the weekends to sleep in their bunk beds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment