Alright, so here are all the pictures off my camera since whenever I did the last picture update. Obviously I don't take a lot of pictures but I'm sure that's going to change very soon!
First and foremost, our first child, Stella. How could you not love a face like that? She is notorious for getting ticked off if Darrell goes home during the day for lunch or something and then leaves again. And when he does that to her she looks for ways to get revenge, like pulling tp rolls out of the bathroom garbage can, or taking your socks to another room. However, on this day she stepped outside her normal revenge box. My mom is giving me my grandmother's or great-grandmother's buffet and I had measured off the dimensions and taped it out on the floor and wall to see if it would fit in the spot I had picked out for it. Well, Darrell went home on this particular day for lunch and then went back to work and Stella was pissed. She tried to eat the tape and it got stuck on her beard. Bless her heart. The look of defeat on her face is so sad and funny at the same time. She knew she was busted.

We had girls night at Easely Amused last week. We painted "Birds of a Feather" and they all turned out great! It was super easy, except for picking out the fabric and color for the birds, and kind of hard to mess up. It was the 7th painting I had painted so I got to paint for free which made it even better! So below is the step by step process and then the finished product!



(this belly gets in the way of everything. See it there at the bottom?)
Daddy Darrell has been working hard to get some things finished up around the house before AP's arrival. This is just one of his many completed "nesting" projects.
Our back patio is long and narrow and our previous seating options consisted of four ugly grey chairs from an old patio set. They were hideous and that's putting it nicely. So after seeing a friends church pew on their back patio we put my grandfather in charge of finding us one and 2 days later we were the owners of this sweet thing. It needed a little TLC so Darrell did a lot sanding and staining and this is how it turned out. Absolutely beautiful! I'm currently looking for some outdoor accent pillows to liven it up a little.
(see the corner of the Grey chairs in the picture below? told you they were ugly.)
I haven't been doing much nesting but I have been doing a litte crafting and made these sweet little things for AP and her future boyfriend Foster. Ashlea's sister, Lindsay, has an Etsy Shop where she sells all kinds of adorable appliques so I purchased 5 for $12 and got to work. The top 3 are for AP. Every little girls needs a pink Flamingo, especially if your born in July! Foster's are the bottom 2. Foster's estimated due date is near the beginning of football season so we had to make sure he had the appropriate attire to support his mommy and daddy's alma maters. He can wear his little tie while cheering for Ole Miss with his mommy and he can wear (and hopefully spit up on) his houndstooth elephant when he's reluctantly cheering for Alabama with his daddy!

I know I've been promising nursery pictures for quite some time and I promise I will get around to them just as soon as Aunt Haley finishes it up. Notice how I said Aunt Haley. She does all the work and I sit there and supervise! Don't worry, I gave her the week off but told her to be ready to get back to work next weekend. AP sure better love her, otherwise she might come rip down everything she's done to whip that nursery into shape!
Here she is at work yesterday. I needed her anal retentiveness to hang some shelves. And if you see her and she acts all irritated about having to do all the work, don't let her fool you. She looks for and loves any reason to break out the power tools!
2 comments:
Thanks for my shout out and my week off!
I've been looking for one of those benches for years, since before Craig & I got married...and you find one in TWO WEEKS? I suck! I love it though!!!!
Post a Comment