Tuesday, May 11, 2010
The GYNOSYPHACLAPACRAB Outbreak of 2010
Despite the title, the crap on my leg is NOT a deadly combination of all the really bad STD's one could come down with. That's just a C.A.S.H. inside joke that seemed appropriate. It is however, some sort of non-explainable skin problem I got while in St. Augustine for Darrell's cousin's wedding. The NP at my doctor's office gave a very general and broad diagnosis - reaction to the sun. Which I took to mean that she really didn't know what the hell is wrong with my leg so she just threw out some random words and lucky for her it sounded good. It all started on Thursday. We went to the beach for 2 or 2.5 hours max. I wore 30 SPF all over my entire pasty white body and somehow at some point that night this started to magically appear and for whatever reason it's only on my right foot and leg. On Friday things progressed and it became painful. On Saturday and Sunday, it was just fat, swollen and sensitive. They prescribed some steroid cream which doesn't seem to be helping any so if you've ever experienced this during pregnancy, please tell me what in the world it is. I'd prefer that it go away as soon as possible. My right leg and foot are beginning to resemble that of Princess Fiona from Shrek!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy crap I got the SAME THING on my leg when I was pregnant!! It just popped up on my right ankle when I was about 8 months along. It itched like crazy and looked absolutely DISGUSTING!! We never knew exactly what it was but I kept it coated with hydrocortisone and bandaged. Unfortunately I kept it until Mo came along and then it magically disappeared. Sorry I don't have better words of wisdom or help!!! Hang in there!!!
My sister-in-law got that too when she was pregnant w/my niece & they never really knew what it was. They gave her some cream that didn't really help, but it went away after the baby was born.
Post a Comment