Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Daddy Boot Camp

Mean Jean had a surprise in store for the Dads to be last night. It was the last night of our childbirth classes and after the break she whipped out baby dolls, diapers, clothes, blankets and bottles. Then she called them up. Darrell and Matt were a little hesitant and went 3rd and 4th out of their group of 4. Each Dad had to undress the doll, change the diaper, re-dress, swaddle and feed. I was quite proud of Darrell, he at least knew which way was the front of the diaper and outfit. One dad put the jumper on backwards and tried to do everything while holding the kid in his arms. It made for an awkward situation for the little baby. Another one couldn't figure out the snaps on the legs of the onsie. Bless their wives!

Darrell swears that he will not be participating in diaper duty but it may be his life's calling. He was quite the natural!


2 comments:

Anna said...

Aw! Ha ha ha! Where are your classes?

Taylor, Kellie, Morgan, Millie, and Mary Phillips said...

Hey! You should be able to exchange them if you know where they were purchased (I'm assuming you probably don't). But if you know who gave them to you just ask them where they got them. IT IS WORTH ASKING! We just got her burn on her hip cleared up. It's been miserable. I'm not a huge Huggies fan either but I'll take an occasional leak over a burn/rash any day! Good luck!!