Friday, May 14, 2010

32 week check up

I've officially made it to the uncomfortable part of the pregnancy. I honestly have loved every minute of the last 32 weeks but I'm getting tired. I'm getting uncomfortable. My thighs are rubbing together. There's the awesome rash on my leg. Did I mention I'm tired? But I'm not going to take any of it for granted. In 8 short weeks this awesome and amazing experience will be over and I'll have a beautiful little baby girl as a result of it. And for that reason, I can deal with whatever else my body has to throw at me.

We went for our 32 week check up yesterday. They did another sonogram just to check on her face because the last time we were there she was so shy and tucked away that we couldn't get a good look at her. Yesterday she was in a much better mood and we brought home 14 pictures of her just her face. She even decided to yawn for us. It's hard to say who she looks like. In one picture I see the Johnson pug nose and in the next she looks like a Smith. She is however going to be a big girl like her mom...she weighed in at 4.5 lbs and is expected to gain .5 lbs per week until delivery! That's 8.5 lbs if she cooks until 40 weeks. She also has a big foot. Which I probably should have known considering the awkward shapes my belly seems to be making these days when she decides to stretch out. It's unreal!

We started birthing class 2 weeks ago and it was only then that I realized I was actually going to be having a baby. It's hard to explain. I've been carrying her for 8 months now and while I know there is a finish line, the actual birthing process hadn't really made it's way to the forefront of my mind. We were watching some video and it all of a sudden dawned on me that I won't be pregnant forever and that she eventually has to come out. Sad, exciting, and super scary all at the same time! Our next appt. is May 27th and I'll be 34 weeks. I can't believe how time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about how long 9 months was.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Time flies faster than you know! Just wait until she is here! :) I'm so super excited for you!

Birthing class is exciting too! I loved it. I already knew most of what I wanted to do (EPIDURAL!) but I enjoyed going.

I hope your comfort (and rash) gets better soon!