Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Youth Where Art Thou?

I don't know what NWR students do on Friday nights but I do know that on Saturday nights, the place to be is next door. And last Saturday night I had to go outside and ask a kid sitting in his jeep, which was parked right in front of our window, to turn down his stereo.

There are several sad facts in this story:
1. It was 10:30 p.m.;
2. It was a Saturday night;
3. I was getting ready for bed; and,
4. He called me "Ma'am."

Now, add all those up and you get two things:
1. I'm soooooooooo uncool; and,
2. I'm apparently old.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh my! I am SO that person! I am completely the same as you. When I read this I laughed out loud. Really. SO loud, actually, that Audrey got out of bed adn asked me why I was laughing. Yes, we are now old. Ahhhhh saddness.