We have bought a house, verbally not officially and its contingent on the inspection so maybe I should say we are almost homeowners again. D. somehow found a builder foreclosure and we have been looking at it for a few weeks. We made our initial offer on Tuesday and they countered; we countered again today and they accepted. The house is only 95% completed so we still have some work to do but if all goes well we should be in our own home by March!! Hopefully. YAY!
A lot of prayers have been answered on this topic. I mean A LOT!!
*Side note: I think I should work for a builder and tell them when they are about to do something stupid like putting coated metal shelving in closets ( I cringe.), or having a closet that is half the size of the master bedroom. While girls love a big closet, it would also be a good idea to have a bedroom that she could actually fit her bed into. One house we looked at a while back had this really pretty kitchen with tall ceilings and tall spacious cabinets and then slap dab in the middle of the ceiling was a florescent shop light, I kid you not. I would have loved to have heard that guys thought process as he picked it out. Seriously. Your tall cabinets take the eye to the ceiling so I'm obviously going to notice your lack of taste in lighting fixtures. And while it probably saved you a few bucks, it just cost you the sale cause I'm headed for the door after seeing that. If you blatantly cut a corner like that there is no telling what other cost saving measures you took advantage of.
Anyway, back on topic...
Soo, after enduring several weird layouts, small spare bedrooms, ugly choices in tile counter tops and a lot of builders asking lots of money for very little house we have finally found something that we want to call home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment