I took AP to the doctor on Tuesday. On Monday they said they wouldn't see her unless she had a fever and/or was vomiting and what do you know, on Tuesday morning she vomited. My grandmother said maybe she just got sick during the car ride over that morning but she should be used to my bad driving by now, so I blame it on the stomach bug! Of course, there is nothing they could do for the stomach bug, it's viral and just has to run it's course. They said it would take 5 or 6 days and we were at day 5. During the visit, Dr. Smith was giving her the once over just to be thorough and found 2 ear infections. He was really confused because she didn't have a fever, and she wasn't fussy. He said that if she acts this way every time she gets sick, its going to be really hard to tell when something is wrong. He also said that since she had 2 ear infections so early, it probably meant we were going to see a lot more of them. If ear problems are hereditary I guess it's mine and Darrell's fault. We both had to have tubes by 1 year.
I do believe we are on the back side of the stomach bug and we have 8 more days of antibiotics for the ear infections so hopefully we will be back to normal soon. Speaking of antibiotic, they gave her the bubble gum flavored amoxicillian and oh how that smell brought back memories. I used to love that stuff. I had a little taste yesterday and I'm not quite sure why I loved it because it tasted nothing like I remembered it but it sure did smell good. AP isn't too fond of it yet but if the ear infections are as regular as Dr. Smith predicts I'm sure she'll grow to like it sooner rather than later! Thanks for all the prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment