I am a diet/weight loss failure and I think it's all related to the fact that I am a very picky eater (and the huge lack of will power, but this post is totally food related so we won't go there.) I don't like many fruits and I only like a very small variety of vegetables and of the few vegetables I do like, I only like them when they are prepared in that good ole southern, non-healthy way. So I say all of that to say this...I LOVE pizza. I'm convinced BFF and I could eat pizza every day of our lives and be perfectly fine with that. FAT as cows but fine. Anyhow, so pizza seems to be a huge issue for me when I'm trying to watch what I eat. It's always the one food I crave the most when ever I shouldn't be craving it at all. So, yesterday I was roaming around the Food Network website and I came across the recipe of all recipes!!!
Dana White, whoever she is, is a Goddess! She created the recipe and while I was extremely skeptical, it was very, very, very, very, very, very, very good!! It's called pizza snacks and it also happens to be very easy!
The first version is a vegetable pizza. But you don't like vegetables Saranne. Right, good point. However, it's nothing crazy. Just a little green bell pepper and olives. The Flowood Wal-Mart didn't have the basil in stock and I was to lazy to go to Kroger so I just left it off. And while I don't really care for the olives, if I pretend they aren't there, I can handle it. So here's the deal....
Ingredients
2 whole wheat English muffins, sliced
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced black olives
4-5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375F. Place English muffins on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Top with marinara sauce, bell pepper, olives and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
This is the BEST part ...
Nutrition information per pizza:
Calories: 130; Total fat: 4.5g Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrate: 16g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 390mg
How fabulous is that? And the other best part- they taste just like a supreme pizza. All the flavor you love with less than half the calories and fat! How could you not love these?
Moving on...
My husband loves anything that involves BBQ sauce. You wouldn't believe the amount of BBQ sauces in our fridge. Seriously, one whole door is dedicated to BBQ sauces of all makes and models. It's ridiculous. And he knows it. So the 2nd version of this recipe is a BBQ Chicken version. I didn't make this last night because he wasn't home, but I'm sure we'll be trying it out in the near future. But just in case your hubs is a BBQ addict like mine, here you go!
Ingredients
2 whole wheat English muffins, sliced
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 medium scallion, finely chopped
3 oz grilled chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375F. Place English muffins on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Top with barbecue sauce, scallion and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per pizza:
Calories: 160; Total fat: 16g; Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrate: 16g; Protein: 13.5g; Sodium: 428mg
Someone once told me that you should only eat about 25 grams of fat per day, so this version may not be as good for you but when you start comparing it to Soul Shine or Little Cesar's, I'm almost positive you'd come out better with the snackers instead of a large pep in the box.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm those BOTH sound delicious! I've given up pizza (which I also love) so I will definitely be trying these recipes! Even better....they are BOTH in my "I feel safe" calorie range! YUM! Thansk for sharing!
Post a Comment