Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ridiculous.

If your looking for pictures of snow and the winter wonderland that Flowood is apparently turning into you're going to have to look elsewhere because I'm stuck at work. That's right, at work. Not really accomplishing anything because I'm so ticked off that I'm here and not at home on the couch watching it all happen. We just got an e-mail that said we were in the safest place possible, as the worst of the weather will happen while we are chained to our desks and will tapper off around the time that the warden comes around to unlock us. So basically they are going to hold us here while all the bad stuff accumulates on the roads and then release us into the night so we can slide around I-55 with little to no visibility. Great.

Oh and my favorite quote of the day:

As I'm sliding into the building this morning, and I mean that literally, a guy says, "You're wearing the wrong shoes today." Gosh, I can't believe I forgot to pull out that pair of snow shoes I keep in the top of my closet for random snow/ice days like today. What the hell was I thinking? Thanks fella. Obviously the majority of Mississippians don't have any shoes that are suitable for today's type of weather because it only happens once every 10 years.

1 comment:

Haley said...

tell me how you really feel....