Thursday, September 3, 2009

One Busy Week

Darrell had a big birthday this year. He turned 3o on Tuesday and the celebrating started on Sunday with my parents, sister and Aunt coming over for dinner. I once again took to the kitchen to whip up another disaster...I mean meal. Darrell wanted Lasagna. Who was I to say no to the Birthday Boy? Mom gave me her recipe and to my horror there were no exact measurements anywhere. Ridiculous. Despite a few to many "no boil' noodles and a little issue with cooking temp. and time in a electric oven vs. a gas oven, the end result was good. Mission accomplished.

Darrell's second celebration was on Monday. The Chappells and the Quinns came over for our weekly dinner date and I made Poppy Seed Chicken. This is one of my new favorite and easiest recipes. No mixing mishaps, no temperature snafoos, just a lovely casserole dish of amateur cooking redemption! LOVE it.

Then on Tuesday, Darrell's parent's, grandmothers and the Thomas' came over for hamburgers and ice cream cake. Becasue I don't grill, I was off the hook for kitchen duty (except for baking the french fries but those have instructions on the bag so that was a piece of cake )therefore, I just sat back and enjoyed the company and watched Sarah and Patti clean my kitchen. Which reminds me that I should have them over more often!

Needless to say, after 3 nights of cooking, celebrating and entertaining we did absolutely nothing last night. After my much needed hair cut, I went directly home, put on my PJ's and hit the couch for a night of total unproductive-ness (for lack of a better word) and I loved every minute of it! However, there is no rest for the weary! Tonight I'll be attending a frame party hosted by Andi and Jennifer and tomorrow night we'll be battling it out on the beer pong table at Hobock's non-surprise/surprise party. Then, on Saturday, I'll be up and at em bright and early for antiquing and flea marketing with Mom, Sister and Aunt B. On Sunday, the long awaited season opener for Ole Miss starts at 2:30 so I'm sure we'll hit up church, the grocery store and the grill before cheering the Rebels on to victory! Good Lord, I hope they win! I don't know if I can deal with my mopey, muttering, whining and complaining, disappointed, Ole Miss fan of a husband this early in the season!

No comments: