Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Today is the first official day of my 2nd year of marriage. Which means I survived year #1! According to anybody and everybody who got married before me, this was supposed to be a big deal. And while in fact it was a big deal because it was a major life change, it wasn't as hard as they all said it would be. It wasn't perfect by any means but it wasn't the worst year of my life either.

Our celebration started on Saturday. Our first stop was the firing range. Sounds ridiculous but it was actually quite fun. Turns out that if someone entered my house and scared the crap out of me I could successfully shoot them multiple times in the abdomen and kill them. I could also shoot them in a very straight line across their forehead and blow the top of their scull off. What does this mean to you? Don't enter my house unannounced, after dark, when I'm there alone. It won't be a happy ending.



Afterwards, we had massages at Aqua. Super fantastic. It was kind of awkward at first because they stick you in the female only relaxation room, where you wait for your therapist . Then he/she takes you 2 feet (literally) down the hall to the "locker room." There were all of 10 lockers in this locker room and they were behind a curtain, which at this time was closed. So when I realized that they must be behind the curtain I obviously opened it. The naked lady behind there probably didn't appreciate it so much but in order to get on with my massage I had to get to my robe; my robe which was in my locker; my locker which was behind the closed curtain. Anyhow, so to make a long, awkward story short, I invaded her space, got my robe and got out of there. The massages were great. Darrell thinks they were a waste of money but I thoroughly enjoyed mine.


Later we had dinner at AJ's in Madison. The atmosphere was nice. The food was good and the service was kind of hit or miss. But overall it was a good meal. After 2 bottles of wine and a little texting with Ashlea and Haley, I persuaded Darrell that we should join them at Fenians. So we celebrated our Anniversary, Dan & Ashleas upcoming wedding, Terrell's birthday and some other upcoming occasion with way too much talk about Marcus Steele.
p.s. Have you heard about Picnik.com? Its a photo editing website and it pretty much rocks. i used it to make the self taken photo above look like a snapshot from the 60's. And for just $25 bucks a year you can upgrade to premium service and get a lot more editing tools. If you choose to use the basic service it's free!

And as the big finale of the celebration weekend, Darrell surprised me with a picnic at The Cedars on Sunday. It was extremely sweet and thoughtful. He's kind of a closet romantic!! Thanks to Jennifer and Jessica for helping out and preparing the food!

All in all it was a really good weekend and I guess I'll hang around and see what year #2 has to offer!

2 comments:

Madeline said...

ewwwwwww Marcus Steele! haha

Haley said...

Yah! I wish Josh was a closet romantic.. instead he is openly unromantic... at least we got to ball out for your anniversary.. i loved helping you two celebrate. good luck with year number 2. they only get worse :)